Thursday, September 24, 2009

Curriculum Night in Infant Room

Parents were invited to participate in Curriculum Night with their children on Wednesday evening when picking up their child at day care. I wasn't too sure what to expect for a 6-month old. The theme for the night was "The Three Little Pigs" story. I went to pick James up and fed him some carrots for the first time (it was a bit later than usual for picking him up so he could participate). Then we went outside his classroom to work on some projects together. First, we sponge-painted a picture of James' creative interpretation of the brick piggie's house. Then we moved to the sensory table -- it had crinkly string paper for the straw, Lincoln Logs for the wood house and red Legos for the brick house. James loved the crinkle straw on his feet :-) It was really fun (and interestingly difficult) to complete an art project with him -- I was glad the mess was at day care too :-)
The finished project -- abstract brick house from "3 Little Pigs."
The artist with his creation :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment