Sunday, January 24, 2010

First Steps!!!

On Saturday, 1.16.10, James took his first independent steps :-) He was holding on to the couch and took 1-2 steps towards Jim and I -- it was awesome (and something we're totally not ready for yet, hehe). Below is a video that I caught later in the week when he was up to 2-3 steps. (Side note: by the time I'm actually getting a chance to post this information, James has upped it to 5-6 legitimate steps). He has also become really quite steady at hands-free standing...at school the other day he stood for a solid 25-30 seconds while playing with my sweat shirt's string! The only drawback here is that with his new found talents come new found confidence that results in lots of falling and his poor teachers have to fill out lots of paper work with those accident reports! His pulling up/standing led to his first shiner -- he conked his left eye brow on the rocker at school and gave himself a nice black eye(brow). I had Monday off school for MLK Day and started to tackle my disaster of a desk in the den along with some laundry and about a billion other small tasks (of which I only started many of them because the ADD kept me moving from task to task and not finishing, so annoying). James went to school for the day but I picked him up early to go get his second H1N1 shot...now our little love is protected from both the regular and swine flus. Tuesday 1.19.10 :: "James had a great day today. He smiled and giggled with his friend playing peek-a-book in the cozy corner." What a busy week he's had (so busy he still couldn't work any of those teeth out of there).

No comments:

Post a Comment