
Well, the shirt says it all! James is excited to announce that he is going to be a big brother soon!!!

Baby "Cashew" (James was "Peanut," so we thought we'd keep it close) is due 09.10.11 and has looked good so far on all the ultrasounds. Below :: just an itty bitty thing! No morning sickness (woo hoo) just extreme exhaustion (which has now diminished in the second trimester to just above average exhaustion) and I've got some varicose veins going on which can be painful at times (I wear some sa-weet compression hose during the day at school to help with circulation, but it's always a fine line between just enough and too much walking).

At the first OB appt (I don't know why they don't do the 'confirmation' and 'first OB' appts at the same time), they did another ultrasound to check on the size of the baby and make sure the placenta was attaching well (it was). Cashew was all sorts of awake for it! S/he was kicking his/her feet and waving at us -- must have been in the middle of his/her workout time ;-) The next week is when I went to get my varicose veins checked and during the ultrasound, we saw Cashew kick and I felt it at the same time! Everything seems to happen earlier with #2 -- felt Cashew kick at 11 weeks, 5 days (James was just after 20 weeks) and at the point I'm actually typing this blog (16 weeks today), Cashew has already "popped" my belly (as my co-worker put it) -- s/he is fitting nicely in the space James created for his brother/sister :-)

Week 14 ultrasound to check growth and the heart rate -- at this point she said it was still easier to get the heart rate through ultrasound (took 2 minutes) then to try and find it with the doppler (can take forever to find the beat). Cashew was showing off his/her limberness this time by having both feet above the head at first and then kick, kick, kicking!
BIG Congratulations to you all! Enjoy the pregnancy!!!
ReplyDelete