Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween 2011 :: Execution

James was excited to go to school and dress up "in a costume" today. Logan and Mommy were able to join him for a parade through the attached school (which had all the students and faculty ooh-ing and ahh-ing at the Young Preschool and two tag along Infants' adorableness). I'm happy for maternity leave as Logan and I were able to get to school in time to participate as this is probably my only chance to attend an event like this because my school district usually schedules a Teacher Institute day on Halloween (and you don't miss those in these tough times of RIF-ing teachers). Ms. P told them all to grab a teacher or a buddy's hand and off we went! They were actually very good at walking and staying together, you can tell they've been practicing.
After the parade, Logan and I headed home for him to eat and to let James enjoy learning the rest of the day (they had dry erase boards and black paper w/ chalk out when I left for practicing writing skills; also, he was excited to get a turn wearing the astronaut dress-up as I believe they are talking about astronauts this week). The rest of the day was hectic trying to get things done at home, finish up a training session for school (didn't have to do them on maternity leave, but don't want my name on any "list," especially with a new principal who may not know I'm on leave) and then back to pick up James. Gma Chele was at home when we got back, she helped me get James into lion form and I moved a (finally) sleeping Logan into his puppy costume and into the stroller (had a tough afternoon). Daddy got home from work, got his camera and adult beverage and we were on our way for some trick-or-treating :-) Gma Chele was nice enough to stay at home with Easton and hand out our goodies so we didn't eat all the left overs :-) Uncle John surprised James with a visit too on his home from work!

Now the hunt begins for next year's costumes!

No comments:

Post a Comment