Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Hospital Stay

To update the rest of James' hospital story:

We stayed in the hospital until Saturday since our insurance covers 96 hours...what a great decision! I highly recommend it for anyone with the chance. James and I were having some issues with feedings and his biliruben numbers were up and his weight was down to the 10% mark, so it was good to have the extra help during the day and for one more night. Saturday he checked out much better with the pediatrician and we both got our discharge to go home and start life in the real world :-) My recovery was a bit tougher than expected -- I guess major abdominal surgery will do that to ya though -- I am only allowed to do the stairs once a day, so that means A LOT of the responsibilities have fallen on Jimmy...he has been an absolute wonder! I love my husband so much, he is a fantastic daddy :-)

My doc let Jim take still pictures during the delivery, so I'm sorry if you have a weak stomach, but these pics were just sooo cool and pretty amazing and I've only included one.



James had lots of visitors. My mom and dad drove up when they found out I was going to be induced on Monday. Mom and Michele stayed at the hospital overnight (even though we told them to go home) and Dad went to hang with the dogs at our hizzouse. The next day everyone was ready to welcome Peanut to the world. Uncle John, Jen, Dominic and Amanda all came to visit James the day he was born -- it was great to get to see them all and share our lil' joy with them (he was groggy then and nice and quiet -- they missed James' great impression of a howler monkey the next few nights).

Below, Pops gives James "a kiss for both of his grandpa's"...so cute, I love my dad!

James and Gma Chele get acquainted (is that a tear we see Gramma? I think she likes him)!
James getting some lovin' from G.G.

Uncle John looking oh-so-comfortable holding a newborn ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment