Well, we all know who runs this house -- so Easton wants to control the TV now that his position as ruler has been taken over by a baby :-)
James & Mommy -- sometimes you just gotta sing & dance to keep everyone happySide note: I believe the Blackhawks squeezed a win out for Game 1 vs. the Calgary Flames this night -- 12 sec in to OT, Havlat scored the winning goal -- James & I had just settled in for his bedtime feeding and Jimmy was letting E out and had to come racing up the stairs to see what I was yelling about -- LET'S GO HAWKS!
Looks like tummy time is over if James has anything to say about it -- Easton has his so over this baby crying face on
(Focus 1: thumb; Focus 2: swirl at front of head) James started w/ the whole back of his hand in his mouth and moved to just his thumb while hanging out with Jim...I had to get a picture first bc it was so cute, then we removed the thumb (from the mouth, not totally removed, geez) in hopes that he won't become a thumber sucker bc it is soooo much easier to take away a binkie than it is to take away a thumb ;-) Gotta think long term sometimes people
This week James has become a much bigger fan of his bouncy chair -- I actually got to prepare and eat (whoa) lunch in all one swoop one day bc he was so content in it enjoying the vibrations and looking at the toys swinging along with him. He has actually hit the snail a few times too -- not sure if it's on purpose, but he always seems to be intrigued with the results :-D
...and we're out for the count
On Friday, Jamie S. came out to visit us for the day -- it was a great visit and we hope she wants to hang with us again soon when she has work off!!! ; Look! The sun was out and I got to open up some windows on the sunroom during the afternoon -- EXCELLENT!
Looks like tummy time is over if James has anything to say about it -- Easton has his so over this baby crying face on
(Focus 1: thumb; Focus 2: swirl at front of head) James started w/ the whole back of his hand in his mouth and moved to just his thumb while hanging out with Jim...I had to get a picture first bc it was so cute, then we removed the thumb (from the mouth, not totally removed, geez) in hopes that he won't become a thumber sucker bc it is soooo much easier to take away a binkie than it is to take away a thumb ;-) Gotta think long term sometimes people
This week James has become a much bigger fan of his bouncy chair -- I actually got to prepare and eat (whoa) lunch in all one swoop one day bc he was so content in it enjoying the vibrations and looking at the toys swinging along with him. He has actually hit the snail a few times too -- not sure if it's on purpose, but he always seems to be intrigued with the results :-D
...and we're out for the count
On Friday, Jamie S. came out to visit us for the day -- it was a great visit and we hope she wants to hang with us again soon when she has work off!!! ; Look! The sun was out and I got to open up some windows on the sunroom during the afternoon -- EXCELLENT! Friday also brought a Cubbies win over the St. Louis Cardinals -- had to get some video of James and I singing for the victory! I'm hoping to sing it many more times this summer and maybe it will be his first song that he sings when he gets to talkin' -- GO CUBS GO!
Saturday was pretty low-key, just ran some errands then watched baseball. We needed salad-goods for "Girls Afternoon Out" so we had to get out of the house. Sunday the girls (Amanda, Jamie C., Lauren, Lynn and Tasha came over to meet James. We had a salad fiesta with all sorts of yumminess. Tasha brought her youngest son, Jacob, so James officially had his first playdate. He just slept and ate and Jake got more play time out of Easton (which, thankfully, Jake survived with no major injuries). Thanks for a great afternoon ladies! Also, the Cubs won again on an Aramis Ramirez walk-off homer in free baseball (extra innings) to take the series 2 games to 1 over St. Louis (Sunday's game was rained out) and the Cleveland Indians ROCKED the Yankees in their opening series in their new multi-million $$ stadium -- 22 to 4! Go Tribe! They scored 14 runs in the 2nd inning alone -- that record should stand for awhile! And more sports notes (can you tell I love my sports? I think Physical Education was a good choice)...the Hawks took a 2-0 lead over the Flames on Saturday -- very promising (and lots of singing w/ the Chelsea Digger song when the Hawks score -- dat datta dat datta dat datta da-da-da-da-dat [also from the Amstel Light commercial to go along w/ Go Cubs Go])!
Lauren C. and James during her visit last week -- she liked him so much, she had to come back for more! I think it's the swirl...that swirl will get all the ladies ;-)


The swirl is really cute now, but wait until he really has hair. Cameron had the same exact thing and I really can't do anything with his hair now except let that cowlick control the whole 'do.
ReplyDeleteTrenton liked that movie a lot! He said, "MOoom! I wish I could go to their house!" Too cool!
ReplyDeleteTeach 'em young who to root for!
LOL - that swirl is going to be a pain! He's going to have to keep his hair short probably -- at least I don't have to worry about teaching him to braid his hair :-)
ReplyDelete