Monday, May 11, 2009

Two Month Dr. Visit

On the scales...
I took James for his 2 month doctor appointment today and it turns out that our Peanut is...just that, a little peanut! He was 21.5 inches long (that's 2.5 inches in 1.5 months, I'm impressed) and 8lb 13oz. So he's just a little guy and in the 3rd-4th percentile for both of those categories -- he started in the 5th percentile, so no big deal as he's just keeping with his growth curve. He's got a head full of brains though, with a circumference of 32.8cm (20th percentile). It's funny because I can recognize when his head is growing -- it gets bigger at the top and then the face matches it the next day or two. The doctor said he checked out well and all looks good! She thinks the fussiness at night could just be because he's hungry, so we are going to feed him more often towards the second half of the day when he starts to get tired (thus, a weaker suck action) and my milk supply slows down -- should keep him satisfied and help me produce a bit more for him too...can you hear him MOO-ing??? Our little trooper got one oral vaccine for rota virus (the nurse was impressed with how well he drank it all up) and 3 other vaccine shots (not as traumatic for him or me as I thought it would be) for 5 total immunizations started. I think it was a good idea for them to put more than one vaccine in a shot to stick people less...smart thinking doctor peoples!
Oh yeah, and the best part of the visit other then James getting a clean bill of health...if the revised feeding schedule seems to work on the fussiness --- I can begin to slowly phase dairy back into my diet! WOO HOO -- I hope it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment