Sunday, August 7, 2011

Cash -- 34 weeks

34 weeks of pregnancy update :: I did my first non-stress test (NST) this week for this pregnancy. You are hooked up to two monitors; one measures if you are having contractions (nope) and the other keeps track of the baby's heart rate (Cash was usually around 154bpm as he usually is, and it increased when he kicked/punched/zumba-ed me, which it's supposed to do also). I was hooked up for about 25 minutes, which meant I could barely walk afterwards because the position you sit in was right on my SI joint, but it's kind of neat to hear him for that long. It makes you very aware of your child and how much they move because it's just you in the otherwise quiet room -- I couldn't even read a magazine this time because he was moving so much, so I had to push his monitor the whole time :-) They did a quick ultrasound to make sure I still had enough amniotic fluid for him (normal is 10-25cm). I was down from 18cm last week to 12cm this week. Still in the normal range and it's completely normal for the amount to change weekly because the baby moves how they are chilling in there and you can't count a quadrant into the calculation if too much baby or umbilical cord is in it. Not worried about it, but will keep checking since I got really low with James. Dr said you usually run low on fluid about the same time, so she's thinking we may have a good shot at an August baby! That's only 3 weeks!!!! Ahhhh! Not ready, not ready! One more week with just one visit, then up to bi-weekly visits! Get ready for your world to be rocked, JamesE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment