I had James with me on Monday for our first official "day of summer break" together. After it taking him about 45 minutes to eat breakfast we enjoyed a nice long walk -- where we saw 2 ducks! I think it's his favorite animal from "Old MacDonald" (unless Old MacD has a dawwwg, of course) -- I even catching him trying to do the sign for "duck" sometimes, which is a very tough one to do! We then came home and drew Daddy a picture in chalk on the driveway -- Elise: "why is James' mouth all blue and orange?" me: "I guess he's an Illini fan through and through...or he ate some of the chalk :-)" We made some organic Mac 'n Cheese for lunch, which he LOVED (check out the cheesy cheeks ).

Easton even got a little bit courtesy of James

He was good about keeping his oh-so-cute floppy hat on his head today, which kept him from sun-sneezing :-) After nap, we attempted to go over to a near-by park -- well, we got there and were happy but, unfortunately, the climbing equipment wasn't exactly designed for toddlers :-( So then I decided we needed to pack up and go home anyway since it was almost dinner time -- James had other plans! He almost strangled himself as I tried to get him out of the stroller (I have no idea how he got his head into the arm strap, I just know it was extremely difficult to get him back up after he intentionally slid down the stroller) -- then it took longer then 5 minutes to get him strapped into his car seat -- trouble! But he was all happy again when we got home and went out on the back porch to play. Overall :: successful day! And he's back playing with his friends again today at school as I attempt to get all the wallpaper down from the front bedroom (which is much easier to do if I were upstairs and not blogging -- so I'm out)! Peace home slice!

Cute little guy you got there! I've added you guys to our electronic stalking list. Feel free to check in on us as well.
ReplyDeletehttp://www/fearnow.blogspot.com
Jon Fearno
Awww! You sound like you're going to have a busy summer together! Have fun :)
ReplyDelete