Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Shedd Aquarium


We were downtown so we decided to go to the Shedd Aquarium for the day. Jim and I have been talking about going for at least 3 years now and he really wanted to use his new camera to get some cool shots. Laura stayed over the night before as MJ and Ed were up celebrating their anniversary, so she joined us, too! James loves her and it gave Jim and I a chance to see some stuff a bit more up-close with a 3rd set of hands to watch our crazy active toddler :-) Hopefully Jim will upload his pics soon and I can add his slide show to this post -- he got some really good ones! James was entranced by the turtles (just like Mommy) and really liked going to the underwater observatory of the dolphins and beluga whale. He also saw his first movie -- a 4D show from Happy Feet (he did his dance and got a pic with some penguins too, so cute) he did fairly well, just kept rotating who he sat with during the show -- it was pretty cute, although my back was sore from the things in the seat poking me (OK, yes, I screamed when it happened the first time, caught me off guard)! James got to see some ducks too, which just made his day :-) We had a great family outing!

No comments:

Post a Comment