So we've been patiently waiting for James to giggle for us (OK, patiently may be overstating it as Jim and I will both randomly laugh at him for long periods of time just to see if we can get him to mimic us)...and today I got it! Without the camera around, of course! Easton's vet was there to witness it though and she felt very honored to hear his first full-on giggle. He was chillin' in his car seat while the vet was checking Easton out and I pulled the weird animal thing down to him, he grabbed it and let it vibrate back up and I laughed at his facial expression and then he just busted out a long giggle to go with his huge smile :-D IT WAS SO ADORABLE! He did it again for us so we could verify what we heard. Then, the vet took Easton in the back to get his doggie biznASS done and I gave Jim a call at work and managed to get a few more giggles out of James for him to hear (his response: "Awwww, that's so cute"). A few of them he sounds like he starts laughing and ends in a cry, but it's still cute. After the vet and a meal for James, I decided to take him back outside and put him on the blanket to see if I could get him to giggle again. He did, just not as long and distinguishable as the first few, but I was able to capture on video (above).
James' friend Katie walked down to visit with him for a bit too before her bed time (well, Kathleen and Matt carried her down as she's only 8 days older than James, minor technicality). She's so cute! I love visiting with them to compare war stories and hear what she's up to as they totally understand what we're going through as they're doing the same things :-) She got herself some Easton kisses for the road (he loves him some baby kisses) but not before we got some good pictures of Katie and James to show them when they're graduating high school (I'm sure that will be here before we know it as I can hardly believe James is almost 5 months old already)!
We may have to keep a close eye on these two kiddos! ;-)
Boy gets brave and goes for the first date-movie theater-arm around the girl move....
...Boy all happy with his successful attempt to woo Girl...
...Girl throws a left jab to let Boy know who's Boss (thatta girl Katie, sorry Mr. Suave, you are not allowed to date until you are 25, thank you)
Below, James is developing quite the goofy personality. He had spit up (again) and soaked his shirt enough that I figured I'd take it off him since bed wasn't too far away and it got stuck like this after he started squirming...usually he'd freak out but today he just went with it and hammed it up for a picture :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment