Thursday, July 23, 2009

Mommy-Son Saturday

Jim was out at Dominic's bachelor party festivities on Saturday, so James E and I had the day to ourselves. We chilled with Easton for awhile out front on a blanket and enjoyed the awesome weather (mid 70s and a nice breeze). The neighbors came over and played with James during his tummy time when their dogs came to visit Easton. At night we went with the Schillingers to Gma and Gpa Schillinger's block party. It was a fun night with karaoke (only heard mumbled Taylor Swift from 3-4 year olds about 4 times), largest adult egg toss and water balloon toss that I've ever seen and a bags tournament (that Laura and I got eliminated in the first round, bummer).

James can't keep his fingers out of his mouth...these teeth NEED to cut already! He's been waking up during the night about every other night bc he flips himself over, gets mad he's on his belly, realizes his diaper is soaked (bc he is drinking at least 6 oz. of formula at night when my supply runs low) and that he's hungry again since it's been 4-5 hours since his last meal...so I end up being awake for 45-60 minutes with him and then BEG him to take a nap in the morning (which usually doesn't happen). As you can see below, he's starting to "play shy" a bit with people. It's cute bc he'll smile and then bury his head in my neck/shoulder...which is OK now until he'll need to be broken of it when he won't leave me to let anyone else hold him...he's gettin' heavy!!! :-)
Tummy time outside in his cute airplane shirt from the Folzenlogels (the pants are still too big for our short stuff). Right after he spent 30 min on his belly and 10 more on his back, I put him belly-to-belly on me and he promptly spit up and both of us needed a wardrobe change! Look at those dark brown eyes -- so deep in baby thought :-)

Eric (our neighbor that will be a freshman this year, wow, he's grown up so much in the 3 years we've known him!) was great at playing with James and keeping him entertained during his tummy time (I think Eric was enjoying a break from the yard work and getting the rain barrel working at their house too). James is getting good at holding his head up high during tummy time -- he'll be on a tear around the house soon when he gets the strength to crawl -- I'm sure it's not far away!
Can little boys in denim overalls be any more cute??? James had a great night outside at Gma and Gpa Schillinger's block party with Laura.
Uncle Ed and Aunt Mary Jo took a turn walking James around as the night went on (he was up from about 7:15am - 9:30pm with just a 30 min nap on our drive over).
I absolutely love Gma and Gpa Schillinger! They came outside to enjoy the family fun for a little bit.
Perhaps the largest adult egg toss I'll ever see in my life -- at least 25 pairs competed and then maybe more for the water balloon toss (which I took the soaking on here w/ our thin balloon -- soft hands were no help at all)!

1 comment:

  1. Insane!
    PS I hear the trick to winning the egg toss is to take off your rings... And get a lucky egg!
    That close-up of James is adorable.

    ReplyDelete