Hmmm, toes or pool?

All dressed and ready to go -- the floppy hat is still big, but you can't put sunscreen on them until they're 6 months old, so ya gotta do whatcha gotta do!

James and Daddy ~ Jim had much more luck on day 2 with getting James farther into the water (much better than his first attempt on Father's Day). We found using the mat is good because it's easier to hold James up and the water gets warmer for him to stand/sit/lie in.
Fresh air + fun in the sun = sleeping baby boy :-) He conked out on Jen -- so sweet!



Hey! I love your blog! It's been awhile since I got on here, but its so fun to catch up with James' progress! Can't believe how teeny he is! Kylie was 13-4 at 3 months and has since outgrown all her clothes! He's doing so much though which is awesome! She's got the giggle down, and loves the exersaucer, but not too much else other than practicing her screaming noises (maybe it's the terydactyl one?!) Anyway, you CAN put baby sunscreen on them under 6 months according to my doctor, and I've never had a problem with either kid. I still cover them up and stay out of the direct rays if I can, but Ky's been 'swimming' all summer and hasn't had a problem. My doc said sun is so bad for their skin that the sunscreen is worth it. Just thought I'd share if it makes your life a little easier!! I think I have the Coppertone babies kind, it seems less greasy than some of the others, but the banana boat kind has worked fine too. Enjoy the little bit of summer that is left!!
ReplyDeleteBeth